🌱 Uber Robberies In Baltimore County + Daycare Owner Pleads Guilty
Good morning, friends. It’s me, Rose Mendez, your host of the Catonsville Daily — back in your inbox with everything you need to know about what’s happening in our community.
But first, today’s weather:
Windy with periods of rain. High: 58 Low: 32.
🏡 Want to stand out as the go-to real estate agent in Catonsville? We’re now offering an exclusive sponsorship opportunity for agents interested in attracting local clients and standing apart from the competition. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top three stories today in Catonsville:
- Baltimore County Police and Baltimore Police are investigating a string of Uber-related crimes that occurred on Saturday, Nov. 26, and Monday, Nov. 28. The three incidents, two in Baltimore and one in Baltimore County, are similar but police have not said whether they are connected. In each incident the victim ordered an Uber, was told to get in the car, then was driven to an ATM and told to take out money. (CBS News Baltimore)
- A CBS News Baltimore) Shanteari Weems, owner of Lil Kidz Kastle Daycare Center in nearby Owings Mills, allegedly shot her husband James Weems on Jul. 21 during a confrontation over allegations that he molested children in her care. James, a retired Baltimore police officer, is in (
- The Baltimore County Council is considering establishing a resilience authority to help pay for damage done by climate change and to finance climate change-related projects. A vote is expected next week to decide whether to pay a consultant, Throwe Environmental LLC, up to $250,000 to set up the authority. (WYPR News)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Catonsville Patch newsletter is brought to you in part by Vint, a first-of-its-kind investment platform that makes it possible for investors of all sizes to invest in fine wine and rare spirits.
Why wine? Low correlation with traditional markets, average returns of 8.5% annually over a 121 year study.* There’s a reason the rich have been turning to it for centuries.
Today in and around Catonsville:
- Catonsville Farmers Market At The Christian Temple (9:00 AM)
- Midweek: A Spirit for the Holidays At Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall in Baltimore (10:00 AM)
- Teen Time At Catonsville Branch of BCPL (3:00 PM)
- Live Music At Cross Street Market in Baltimore (5:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- The first report by the Independent Investigations Division, a new office created by the 2021 police reform legislation to investigate all police-involved fatalities in the state of Maryland, was released by the Maryland’s Attorney General’s Office. The report covers the 23 cases from Oct. 1, 2021 through Sep. 30, 2022 in Baltimore County, Baltimore City, and Anne Arundel County. Of the 23 cases, four officer-involved deaths occurred in Baltimore County. (CBS News Baltimore)
- A three-bedroom home is for sale on Catonsville Patch) in Catonsville for $230,000! View the link for details and to see more homes on the market in your area. (
- Sky, an adorable grey kitten, and Beyonce, a cute Black Mouth Cur Terrier Mix puppy, are looking for their forever families in the Catonsville area! Click the link to see Sky, Beyonce, and more adoptable pets in your area. (Catonsville Patch)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- One More, 2022 CRAFTS GALORE! (final event of the season) on 12/3/22 (December 3)
- Wedding Venue Tours – La Banque de Fleuve 11-2pm (December 3)
- Ask a Life/Career Coach: A Q&A and Speed Networking Event (December 5)
- Add your event
You’re all caught up for today. I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow with a new update!
— Rose Mendez
About me: Rose Mendez is a freelance writer. She is studying English Literature at Hunter College. She loves reading, walking around the city, and coffee!