43 Beach Wedding Ideas Perfect for Your Big Day
The idea of a beach wedding, or at least a bash bursting with coastal accouterments, is appealing to plenty of couples. The aesthetic lends itself to so many interpretations, with styles ranging from boho to elegant, exotic to minimal, and casual to downright chic.
“Everything is possible on the beach. The sky’s the limit,” says destination wedding planner Gwen Grosset. “There is nothing like dancing barefoot under the stars, sand between your toes, and the rhythmic sound of the waves in the background. What better way to celebrate your love?”
Meet the Expert
- Gwen Grosset is a destination wedding planner and event designer with over ten years of experience creating bespoke beach weddings. She is the founder of Destination Weddings Tulum.
While a coastal fête can be a magical experience, Grosset reminds us that with any outdoor wedding, you should prepare for uncontrollable factors, such as humidity, wind, and unforeseen weather. While you can’t fight nature’s elements, you can be aware of them and plan accordingly with safeguards, like the following:
- Carefully time the event (midday is the hottest)
- Consider the wind (especially when decorating with candles or open flames)
- Stay away from heavy wedding dresses
- Use airbrush makeup
- Schedule touch-ups for hair halfway through the event
- Ensure guests stay hydrated and refreshed
- Have a contingency plan for rain
Whether you’re tying the knot steps from the ocean or just have a deep love of all things nautical, there are tons of beach-inspired details you can add to your wedding that will look thematic but won’t leave your day feeling themed.
With that in mind, keep scrolling for 43 of our favorite ways to bring some sun, sand, and sea to your big day, along with some expert intel from Grosset and her team.