6-month-old infant burnt alive after gas cylinder catches fire
In a tragic incident, a six-month-old infant was burnt alive and two others suffered critical burns when a leaking gas cylinder caught fire in a house at Beloth village in Agra district on Wednesday.
The tragic incident took place when a member of the family went to the kitchen to prepare milk for the infant. The moment she lit the gas stove, the leaking LPG cylinder caught fire.
The rising flames spread to other parts of the house resulting in the death of the child. Two members of the family, Dorilal and his son Rishi, suffered critical burns while trying to douse the flames, sources in the police said.
The grandmother of the six-month-old infant had gone to the kitchen to warm up milk for the child and the moment she lit the stove, the leaking LPG cylinder caught
The critically injured are undergoing treatment at a hospital, Station House Officer Anandvir disclosed.
In another incident, at least 22 people suffered burn injuries after a leaking gas cylinder triggered fire at a wedding venue in Hamirpur district late on Wednesday night.
The incident took place in Linga village of Rath town in the district. Hemraj, a resident of the village, had organised a programme a day before his wedding procession was to leave for Chhatarpur
On Wednesday, at 7 pm, when the cook lit up the gas stove, a fire erupted and in no time it spread all around.
Twenty-two people, including men, women and children, were injured in the accident.
However, the locals and fire brigade personnel controlled the flames.
Eight of the injured were referred to the Orai medical college hospital in Jalaun in critical condition after first aid at the local community health centre.
Meanwhile, a police constable, identified as Nandlal Singh, posted at Brijmanganj police station in Maharajganj district, was found hanging from the ceiling of his room on Thursday morning.
Apart from informing the relatives living in Kanpur about the incident, the police have started investigating the death of the cop.