Wedding Planner – Pedestrian Jobs
- Plan unforgettably good weddings and events
- Work with one of the fastest growing wedding and events companies
- Full-time Planner role available, with flexibility to work from home
At Nūdo, we aren’t just a kick ass team of wedding planners, caterers and event designers, we also happen to run four of Melbourne’s best wedding venues, being The Button Factory, Chapel 1885, The Wool Mill and Gather & Tailor. Our venues range from traditional wedding venues through to outdoor garden or small spaces to house your micro wedding.
Above all else, we care about the experiences of our clients and our team. We take time to understand our clients vision and what matters most, and when the day comes, we bring it all together to create the kind of experience our clients and their guests will rave about for years.
Experience above all else. That’s our tag line at Nudo.
About the role
Planners at Nudo uphold our company value of ‘Experience above all else’ as the leaders of the clients journey and bringing their vision to life. Planners are one of our client-facing teams, which means they have the biggest impact on what clients think and feel about their journey with Nudo – this is so super important to us! They are responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the clients journey are flawless, from the first Meet & Greet meeting to bringing it together and working amongst it all on the day.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Effectively manage a portfolio of clients ranging from blank hire, venue hire and full scale planning clients by building strong relationships, staying on top of each stage of the planning process, regularly communicating with clients and always managing expectations;
- Lead the event planning process by understanding the clients vision, meeting with clients throughout their journey, booking vendors and suppliers as needed, writing and communicating flawless run sheets and floorplans, updating budgets and ensuring all billing and payments are organised and seeing the planning through to delivery by working on event days;
- Collaborate with other departments throughout the client journey to ensure everything is on track, understand Nudo’s services and products to upsell clients throughout their wedding journey and help solve issues before they emerge;
- Ensure all administration processes are completed on time and to a high quality and support the Senior Planners with administration tasks when their workloads are high;
- Support the planning department by identifying continuous improvement opportunities and Continuous improvement
What experience candidates will need to smash this role:
To work in events, you have to be able to thrive in a bit of chaos, perform under pressure and above all, put the client’s needs first. After all, we are planning and delivering one of the most important days of people’s lives! If you don’t dream of being JLO in The Wedding Planner with a headset on, running around organising people for the greater good of love, this probably isn’t the role for you! Other helpful experience includes:
- 1-2 years of experience in a planning or administrative role, with a client facing element included in their role
- Experience working as part of a team and collaborating with internal departments
- Experience working with external suppliers or vendors
- Resilience and the ability to thrive in a bit of chaos!
- Previous hospitality experience (desired)
- Experience in the events/wedding industry (desired)
Qualifications, licenses or other requirements:
- Must be available to work one event shift per week on either a week night or weekend;
- Valid Victorian Drivers licence and ability to get around town in their own car;
- Candidates are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Why work with us
At Nūdo, we work hard and laugh often. Yes, we’re professionals who strive for outrageous goals but if it ain’t fun, we’re doing it wrong! Some of the benefits of working for us include:
- Encouraged work life balance with flexibility around hours and options to work from home
- We have wellbeing and social committees to keep our team engaged, valued and celebrated
- Work at one of our venues in our studio style office
- Grow in your role as we grow. At Nudo we are interested in bringing on people who want more out of their job than simply what’s written in their job description. We want thought leaders and innovators of all kinds.
Instead of us tell you why you should want to join our bad ass team, here’s what some of our team have to say about why they work with us:
- “I love the culture here. By far the best cultural experience I’ve had in a workplace”
- “I honestly love working for Nudo because I feel like I am part of something great!! The vision the Co-founders have is so damn inspirational and I feel grateful to be part of something so beautiful and modern that’s going to take over the events world”
- “You are continually seen, heard, and challenged to become the best version of yourself and explore what it is that lights your soul on fire”
- “Nudo doesn’t just focus on the growth of its company, it also focuses on the growth of its people”
How to apply
For more information about this role, please contact Lauren Barrah, Head of People and Culture at email@example.com or on 0433 314 467.
If this role has piqued your interest, please click ‘Apply’ on this ad and submit a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the position. Also feel free to get your stalk on and visit our website https://nudo.com.au/ and socials to understand more of who we are and what we believe in.
Applications close on 7 August 2022.